December 20, 2017
DECEMBER HOLIDAY SEASON TRAVEL TIPS FROM JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT
SANTA ANA, Calif. – With the holiday travel season in full-swing, John Wayne Airport (JWA) anticipates a busier-than-normal travel period between December 20, 2017 and January 2, 2018. Last year, more than 500,000 passengers traveled through JWA during this period. JWA travelers can visit www.ocair.com for real-time flight status, parking availability, and road closures and construction activity near the Airport.
Demand for parking during the peak holiday travel period is expected to be high. The Airport recommends passengers consider all parking options available: Terminal-adjacent Parking Structures A1, A2, B2 and C, as well as curbside Valet Parking and the Main Street Parking Lot with free shuttle to the Riley Terminal. Travelers should plan ahead and check real-time parking availability by calling 949-252-5200, or visiting Parking Availability on the Airport’s website.
This season, JWA has continued its partnership with KeepOCSafe. Together, we encourage travelers to be aware of their surroundings and report questionable objects or activities. A Giant Red Backpack (pictured below) will be on display in the Riley Terminal throughout the holidays to remind passengers and visitors, "If You See Something, Say Something™."
- All passengers flying out of JWA are encouraged to arrive 90 minutes to two hours before scheduled departure times for domestic flights and three hours for international flights to find parking, check luggage and go through the security screening checkpoint. Passengers who are members of TSA Pre✓™ can expedite the screening process in Terminals A, B and C.
- Passengers are allowed one small carry-on bag plus one personal item as long as the carry-on bag fits airline dimensions. Check with individual airlines for specifics. For helpful information about the 3-1-1 liquids rule for carry-on bags and other travel tips from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) please visit the TSA website.
- "If You See Something, Say Something™" To report a suspicious object or activity in the Riley Terminal, dial “0” from a White Courtesy Phone to reach an operator, or dial 2-5000 to reach Airport Police Services, or you may notify an Airport employee or a uniformed officer. Guests may also dial 949-252-5200 from a mobile device.
Parking at John Wayne Airport
- Curbside Valet Parking is available for $30 per day, located on the Departure (upper) Level between Terminals A and B, or in front of Terminal C.
- Parking Structures A1, A2, B2 and C are located adjacent to and directly across from the Riley Terminal at a rate of $2 per hour and $20 per day, with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers. Off-site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St., Irvine, for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Riley Terminal every 15 minutes.
- Travelers should plan ahead and visit the Parking Availability section on ocair.com prior to arriving at the Airport or call 949-252-5200 to inquire about real-time parking availability.
- Drivers picking up passengers are encouraged to utilize the Cell Phone Waiting Lot or the 2-hour parking spaces, located on the lower level of Parking Structures A1, B2 and C. Access to Terminal parking structures is available from the Departure (upper) Level only.
- Color-coded and numbered columns along the white curb on the Arrival (lower) Level roadway make meeting arriving passengers easy. Column 14 is also a designated JWA Yellow Cab pickup location for Terminal C.
- Transportation Network Companies Uber, Lyft and Wingz utilize the color-coded and numbered columns to pick up passengers curbside on the Arrival (lower) Level roadway.
Other Travel Planning Resources
- International travelers should check the U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP) website to ensure they have appropriate travel documentation for visiting the United States. Note: Passengers who are members of the Global Entry Trusted Traveler Program can expedite their Customs clearance into the U.S. at John Wayne Airport. Passengers traveling to and from Vancouver, Canada, will clear Customs in Canada.
For more information about John Wayne Airport, visit ocair.com.
To receive John Wayne Airport news releases automatically, go to www.ocair.com and click Subscribe.