March 12, 2020
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)
The safety and security of our guests and employees is our top priority at John Wayne Airport. We have and will continue to take precautions to protect our travelers and employees against the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
While John Wayne Airport does not have any flights to any country where COVID-19 is widespread, we continue to coordinate with and follow the health and safety recommendations provided by the Orange County Health Care Agency, California Department of Public Health (CDPH), and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and work together with the Orange County Fire Authority and international airports screening passengers to keep abreast of the latest developments.
John Wayne Airport Actions:
- Increased deep cleaning and disinfecting of high traffic/touchpoint areas, restrooms, and concessions located throughout the Terminal.
- Increased disinfecting of TSA screening checkpoint surfaces every 3 hours in addition to nightly cleaning.
- Increased surface cleaning of guest and employee parking shuttles; handles and seats wiped with disinfectant twice a day, in addition to routine cleaning.
- Installed additional hand sanitizer dispenser stations throughout the Terminal.
- Added prevention messaging signage to high-traffic areas (digital displays, pop-ups, posters) throughout the Terminal and in passenger holding areas, with information on how to protect and reduce the spread of respiratory illnesses.
Current updates and information about novel coronavirus:
- Orange County Health Care Agency
- California Department of Public Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Traveler’s Health Information
- USO Airport Centers have temporarily suspended operations.
How to Protect Yourself from Respiratory Illness: